CANCELLATIONS & RETURNS
1. Cancellation Period
There are two moments for you to cancel your order. The first moment is within an hour after your purchase. The second cancellation period starts when we send you the dispatch confirmation email (this email indicates that your order has been accepted by us and, therefore, that a contract has been formed between us) and ends 7 calendar days after the day on which the product(s) is/are delivered to you. If you ordered multiple products in a single order and we ship those products in separate deliveries to you, the cancellation period will end on the 10th day starting from the day after you received the last of the products in that order.
Calculating the cancellation period can be tricky, so here is an illustration to help you figure out how long you have:
- You place an order on 1 April.
- We send you a dispatch confirmation email on 3 April. This is the date when the contract between us is formed.
- You receive delivery of your products on 7 April.
- The period for cancelling the contract starts on 3 April and ends on 10 April (i.e. it ends 7 calendar days starting from the day after delivery). Weekends, bank holidays and public holidays are counted when you calculate the 10 days.
How to Exercise the Right to Cancel
To cancel a contract as above, you need to:
1. Inform us of your decision to cancel the contract. To do this, you can send us an email/letter clearly stating that you wish to cancel your contract or make your cancellation to us in writing here (in each case, including your name and order number). Send your email/letter to firstname.lastname@example.org before the end of the 7 day cancellation period.
2. Send the products back to us to the address set out below in the "Returns by Post" section below in the standard returns and exchanges policy. You must do this no later than 10 days after you notified us of the cancellation. Again, weekends, bank holidays and public holidays are counted when you calculate the 10 days. For furniture, you must contact our shop-team to arrange a return.
Please note that if you cancel the contract, you will have to pay the cost of returning the relevant products to us.
We are not obliged to give you a refund until we receive the products back from you or we receive evidence from you that you have sent them back to us. We strongly recommend you send the products using a secure or trackable method - i.e. Recorded/Special Delivery - and that you retain your proof of postage.
What Happens Next?
Provided that you have cancelled the contract as above and we have received the products back from you (or you have provided us with evidence that you have sent the products back to us) within 7 days of cancelling the contract, we will reimburse all payments received from you in respect of the products. We may make a deduction from the reimbursement for loss in value of any products supplied, if the loss is the result of unnecessary handling by you (for example, if you have handled the products beyond the sort of handling that might reasonably be allowed in a shop).
The reimbursement will be paid (using the same means of payment that you used for the original transaction) within 10 days after receiving the returned products or the evidence that the products were sent. In the case of products that we have agreed to collect (i.e. furniture), the reimbursement will be paid within 10 days after the day you notified us of the cancellation.
Please note that this cancellation right does not apply to: (1) any personalised products; (2) any products made to your specifications; (3) or other products which we have specified as non-returnable.
2. Faulty Items
Faulty items can be returned at any time. Should you receive a faulty item please contact us by email at email@example.com or by phone on 0031 6 197 94 704 stating your Order Number and the nature of the fault.
Please ensure you return faulty items to us as soon as possible.
For faulty items that have been worn/used or returns outside our Standard Returns & Exchanges Policy, please contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone on 0031 6 197 94 704 for further assistance.
3. Our Standard Returns Policy
Please note that this standard right of return is provided in addition to the cancellation right set out above and does not affect your statutory rights as a consumer.
When you buy something from us, we hope you love it. However, should you change your mind (it happens to the best of us), and subject to the conditions set out below, you have 14 days from the despatch date to return Europe-bought full-price items to us for a refund. Also Sale items can be returned within 14 days from the despatch date for a refund.
For returns, please follow the instructions set out in the Returns By Post section below.
Our standard right of return is subject to the following conditions:
- Unless an item is faulty or where you are exercising your right to cancel your contract, unwanted items need to be returned in a re-saleable condition. With that in mind, please keep all original packaging and return the items undamaged.
- The returns period for Europe-bought full-price furniture is 14 days from the date of delivery. Note that this does not affect your statutory rights. Please see the Furniture Returns section below for information about returning items of furniture.
Returns by Post
After contacting us via email or phone, please send your goods to:
SOPHIE DURAN - Returns
Be sure to send your package using a secure or traceable method and that you keep your proof of postage.
Delivery Methods & Costs
Within The Netherlands sending costs are €5,50. Outside The Netherlands we’ll charge the following:
Euro zone 1: 0-2 kg: €10,- / 2-5 kg €18,- / 5-10 kg €22,-
Euro zone 2: 0-2 kg: €16,- / 2-5 kg €22,- / 5-10 kg €28,-
Worldwide: 0-2 kg: €24,- / 2-5 kg €32,- / 5-10 kg €52,-
- » We aim to dispatch orders placed the day after.
- » Although we use all reasonable means to ensure that your order is delivered within a specified time, we cannot accept responsibility for late deliveries due to circumstances outside of our control. We will inform you of any unexpected delay.
SOPHIE DURAN is a Dutch registered company (company number 24493540 and VAT number NL173520960B01), whose registered office address is: Geertsemastraat 29 a-2, 3038XB, Rotterdam, The Netherlands.